What happens after a criminal Trespass warning is issued?

I recently got a criminal trespass warning, and I am honestly confused on what to
do next. I know I cannot go onto said property for a year, but what happens
after? Will it go on my record? I admitted to what I did, and accepted
responsibility for my actions. This is my first offence, and I do not know what
to do.

Asked on January 13, 2018 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you were served with a "criminal trespass warning", then it is just that----a warning.  It is not a charge.  It is not a conviction.  It is not on your criminal history record.  Only that agency keeps a copy in their files.  You will only be arrested and charged in a formal court if you violate the "warning."  Think of it like a traffic ticket warning.  If a cop issues you a "warning ticket", then your insurance doesn't go up, you don't have to pay a fine, and you don't have to go to court.  The agency will note they have warned you.  If they pull you over for speeding a second time, then the law enforcement agency will officially charge you such that you would be charged, have to pay the fine, and appear in court.  Criminal trespass warnings work the same way.
So.....first step, is just to keep calm.  It will not hurt your employment.  Stay away from the area where you have been asked to stay away from....and then everything will be fine.  
Even if the owner says "never mind...come on over," still stay away.  Even if the owner/alleged victim says it's okay, law enforcement can still arrest you if they catch you in violation of their warning.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.