What happenes if the landlord breaches the lease by moving back in and then telling me to leave?

The landlord has moved back in to the property with no notice and has harrassed me while living here. Now is telling me to move out.

Asked on November 8, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If your landlord has moved back into the rental that you are living in (renting) and is harassing you, you need to immediately consult with a landlord tenant attorney about your options.

One such option is to file a trespass action against your landlord with a request for a restraining order that he immediately vacate the unit you are renting. I trust that you are current on your rental payments and have not breached your lease? Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.