What forms do I need to file a mechanic’s lien on a property?

Asked on January 8, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Before you can even legally file a mechanic's lien on a person's proeprty you have to serve the property owner with a twenty (20) day preliminary notice done within twenty (20) days of commencement of work on property and then record a mechanic's lien on the property within ninety (90) days of completion of the project and then file suit within acertain time period to perfect it.

If you are a mechanic (licensed) you need not do the above since you have an automatic lien on the vehicle per state law. Given the complicated nature of lien law, I suggest that you consult with an attorney experienced in such a field.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.