What form do I need to evict my girlfriend?

Does it have to be a 30 day notice?

Asked on July 11, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It really depends on what her "status" is determined to be under the law.  Does she pay rent monthly (in that there is no lease)?  Has she failed to pay the rent (then a 3 day notice to pay or quit may be appropriate)?  I would not suggest that you do this on your own.  You should not serve her yourself unless you know how to properly do so under your state law otherwise the improper service could invalidate the court proceeding.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.