What form at the court needs to be filed to be re-appointed trustee?

Asked on July 9, 2012 under Estate Planning, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

So you were once appointed as trustee and for some reason stepped down?  And now you wish to be re appointed?  Then you should probably file the same petition filed last time to be apointed. It should probably include a description of the procedure required by the trust instrument for such appointment, detailed information demonstrating that the proposed trustee is qualified to be appointed as a trustee of the trust, whether some or all of the beneficiaries of the trust have been consulted about the appointment of the proposed trustee, and a recommendation for the amount of the bond of the proposed trustee or a showing of good cause why a bond should not be required. You may want to consult an attorney.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.