How to get out of a wrongful DUI?

I was ticketed a dui and banned from a military base for life all because I was in an area I knew nothing about and I turned into the wrong entrance. Although I had been drinking, it wasn’t to the point where I was uncapable of driving or handling machinary. I wasn’t even staggering or slurring(I was in my right mind).The police let me go when I said it was an honest mistake, then when I pulled up at the gas station and came out, he was parked behind me. He made me walk the line and I passed that. Then he made me take the breath test but told me I failed by one point. He also continued bickering about my hat that looked like a Black Panthers hat, so I felt he was racial profiling.

Asked on November 8, 2012 under Criminal Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that the best way to try and resolve the matter that you have written about is to consult with a criminal defense attorney to review the police report and assess the best way to try and resolve the matter with as little negative impact upon you in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.