What documents do I serve to enforce my divorce decree?

Asked on August 12, 2015 under Family Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You need to file a petition to enforce.  In the enforcement petition, you will need to outline what order you are seeking to enforce, the nature of your ex's breach, and the remedy that you are seeking.  From there, you need to request a pre-trial and trial setting.  Some court's require you to file the request for a pre-trial/trial setting with a written request by you.  Other courts their own form.  Contact the court coordinator to find out which method of setting is required in your jurisdiction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.