What do you have to do if your license is revoked for an immediate threat? Can you go to your doctor and have them agree you are not a threat?

Was driving and felt faint and fainted behind the wheel while trying to pull over and hit a tree on the side of the road. Charged with marked lanes violation, driving to endanger (no passengers), and revocation due to an immediate threat. Need to get license back as soon as possible as I drive for a living. Never had any previous medical problems.

Asked on June 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

To re-instate your license, you may need to appear for a hearing.

Hearings are held on a walk-in basis unless your notice of revocation specifies a certain date, time, and place for your hearing. Check the Massachusetts website for hearing places and times: http://www.mass.gov/rmv/suspend/hearings.htm.

At the hearing, your case, driving record, and applicable laws and regulations will be reviewed to determine whether the law is being applied correctly to your driving record.

You may want to bring a doctor's report to your hearing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.