What do I write in the annual income in I-765 worksheet form if I don’t workbecause I am under 18 and don’t have work permit?

I am talking about the I-765 worksheet that every individual has to fill out who is applying for the deferred action for childhood arrivals (the new law that the president passed for young students to qualify for work permits). In the I-765 worksheet, it asks you for your annual income,expenses and total value of your assets. So I was wondering what should i write for these question if I don’t really work and can’t work because i dont have the work permit (which I am trying to apply for). I just graduated from high school this year.

Asked on August 16, 2012 under Immigration Law, Connecticut


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The answer is $0. Your explanation should detail why you need to work after graduation and thus need the work permit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.