What do I do if my child’s father isn’t paying child support and I’m not getting any answers or help from the enforcement agency?

Asked on January 14, 2013 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Given the facts of your question with respect to non-payment of child support by your child's father, you need to consult with a family law attorney or your local legal aid clinic about filing a petition with the court for an order to show cause for contempt of a court order against the father for the non-payment of the support to be filed in the county court house where the existing order for support lies.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.