What do I do if I have a warrant for a missed court date?

Asked on June 11, 2017 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You'll need to "turn yourself in". That is, you will need to go the the court that issued the warrant and appear before a judge. You will have to deal both with the warrant and the underlying charge. At this point, you should consult directly with a criminal law attorney. After hearing all of the details of your case, they can best advise you further. Try to retain one who practices in the area in which this all happened, as they can use their local court contacts to your best advantage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.