What do I do to get minimum wage reimbursement for a group of employees who are being paid $2 an hour under the table?

Carwash my fiance works for hiring vulnerable adults illegals, felons, uneducated and paying them with personal checks with no taxes, under the table, at approximately $2 an hour. Severe harrasment from management. I am the fiance of the supervisor, who has manipulated his employees into thinking that he is the only person that will hire them. I am unsure how or if taxes are being paid as all employees are paid under the table without an official hourly pay rate. The math comes out to approximately $2 an hour. I’d like to file wage reimbursement forms for minimum wage requirements and I’d love to see him shut down. I am well exucated and literate, just not well

versed enough in law to know what I can and need to due. Many employees are wanting this so there are multiple


Asked on June 10, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Contact you state department of labor (or if you don't get helpful responses from them, the federal department of labor). All employees must be paid at least minimum wage (and overtime when they work over 40 hours per week, unless except from overtime, which these workers would not be) under the labor laws (e.g. Fair Labor Standards Act or FLSA) and the departments of labor enforce these laws. The should investigate this matter and help the workers get the back wages to which they are entitled. The dept. you contact will let you know what information, evidence, or forms they need.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.