What civil suit can be filed against a mistress?

I understand that Alienation of Affection/Criminal Conversation have been abolished but there has to some type of suit I can pursue for the emotional turmoil, this messy situtaion has been. I ‘m not looking for alot of money just a fair amount for pain and suffering. I have look at all the similar questions that was asked but there has to be something I can filed in civil court.

Asked on May 21, 2012 under Family Law, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your situation. Unfortunately I do not believe that there is any type of civil suit that you can file.  Georgia has abolished the alienation of affection action and I doubt that a judge would allow you to maintain a personla injury action as it would really be the same thing.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.