What can you do if a manager is singling you out and cutting your hours because you called upper mangmt regarding problems at the store?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you feel you are being treated unfairly what you should do is contact HR about the situation. If you do that and the situation does not improve or gets worse what you should do is contact a local attorney who may be able to help you.

If you are being discriminated against  that is not right and an attorney may be able to start an action for you or contact the employer to explain the situation. Without the specifics I cannot address whether there is a cause of action here but a local attorney will definitely be able to determine the best route to take once you tell them the whole story.  Good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.