what canshould i do

i work in a resteraunt in door county wisconsin. my employer, who is a male. grabbed another co workers arm. red marks were visible but the jist of it is. he was upset because a reservationed group came in early. no one new that this group was coming early. i went to find out what the problem was after the co worker told me what happend. my employer then proceeds to push me backwards. using his belly. he was yelling at me under his breath to try and keep the scene small. all while holding a knife in his hand. i clocked out and left the resteraunt to avoid further confrontation. lost my job

Asked on June 28, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Wisconsin


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area of the law.  I suggest going to see a lawyer and discussing filing a lawsuit against the restaurant and the guy that pushed you.  You can sue both for assult/battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress. You are not going to be able to retire with this lawsuit, but it will send a message to the employer and will possibly put some money in your pocket. Go see a lawyer immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.