What can I do to sue an auto shop for not completing the repair and using old parts to fix my car?

I have a list of all work that was suppose to be done and a list of all new parts.

Asked on January 8, 2013 under Accident Law, Maryland


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country you have the legal right to file a lawsuit against the automoitve shop for not completing the repair and using old parts to fix your car. However, unless the work is defective and unless you have paid the repair facility the chances of you succeeding in the lawsuit based upon what you have written about does not seem like a success.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.