What canI do to make the divorce fast if my wife doesn’t want to sign the papers?

Asked on December 13, 2011 under Family Law, New York


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I do not see a way how you can make it fast. In contested divorce, you have to go through the legal system, facing endless disputes, motions, etc. Unfortunately that is the only way to go.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.