What can I do to get out of a home alarm obligation that I can no longer afford?

I have had it for 3 years, but now am retired and can no longer afford the payments and they refuse to let me out of the contract. However, they told me it was transferable but I have not been able to find someone else who can afford it either.

Asked on March 12, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Michigan


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.