What can I do if someone hit me from the back but I don’t have insurance?

Asked on November 3, 2013 under Accident Law, Hawaii


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If someone rear-ended you then that person's insurance should pay for your damages, and it should not matter that you do not have insurance when it comes to getting your car repaired and any money for personal injury to you, if there is any.  You may have been cited for driving without insurance, but this will not affect your claim for damages with the at-fault driver's insurance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.