What can I do if somenone hit my vehicle but their insurance provider can’t reach them to get their statement?

Asked on August 14, 2015 under Accident Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

File a lawsuit directly against the person who hit your car: you are allowed to sue them regardless of what their insurer does or does not do.  Filing a lawsuit (which can cost-effectively be done in small claims court, if the amount at stake is less than the small claims limit) is the only way to force the issue to move forward, if for whatever reason, the other party and/or its insurer is not advancing matters.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.