What can I do if my child was served food made inappropriately

My child was served ice cream and it
was in shape of a penis at a popular
fast food establishment. I took
pictures I was so in shock. I emailed
company they referred it over to
manager at the location and I have not
received a response.

Asked on May 11, 2016 under Business Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can't really do anything legally--yes, your child may have been shocked or confused, and yes, you have been offended, but the law does not provide compensation for being shocked, confused, or offensed. There is no compensation legally available to you. That doesn't mean that the restaurant (or, if it's part of a chain, its corporate office) may not be willing to offer you compensation of one sort or another, to avoid bad press, etc., but a court would not give you anything for a case like this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.