what can i do if i was wrongfully terminated

was accused of helping break into the carwash coinbox and accused of stealing money the video was sent to sheriff detective and there was no evidence stating it was me or the other person involved I was suspended until the investagton was over and its over but no charges were filed but yet I still get terminated for that? is there anything I can do?

Asked on September 21, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Ohio


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

There is probably nothing that you can do. Unless you have a union agreement/employment contract that prohibited your dismissal under the circumstances or your treatment constituted some form of legally actionable discrimination, you have no claim here. The fact is that a company can set the conditions of the workplace much as it sees fit. This includes who to fire and why. In fact, in an "at will" employment relationship a worker can be discharged for any reason or no reason at all.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.