what can i do if i was groped sexually and my employer hasnt done anyrhing

I work for a BIG company and was grabbed on my behind by a guy at work. They ‘investigated’ and said since I didn’t have a ‘witness’ there is nothing they can do. After that I I found out this wasn’t his first complaint. I think I signed an arbitration agreement when I was hired.

Asked on December 23, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that they did not do a credible or sincere investigation, which is their obligation under the law, you could file a sexual harassment claim with the federal EEOC or your state's equal/civil rights agency. If the agency concludes that you are correct and the employer did not respond appropriately or reasonable, you may be entitled to compensation. The agency investigation is free to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.