What can I do if I have joint custody of my son with my ex-husband, who is the domiciliary parent, and I haven’t been able to get in touch with my him for the last 2 months?

I want to excercise my visitation rights. I can’t seem to get a hold of his family either.

Asked on January 27, 2013 under Family Law, Louisiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Since you seem to be locked out of your child's life I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to discuss your legal options for filing a petition with the court seeking an order mandating that your visitation be adhered to. Given what you have written about such seems to be the only way you will be able to see your child.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.