What can I do if a dentist cracked my tooth?

I got a tooth pulled and the dentist cracked the tooth next to the one I had pulled.

Asked on March 1, 2016 under Malpractice Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If the dentist voluntarily steps up fixes the problem well, there's nothing to do but chalk this up to experience. If the dentist won't fix it, or isn't skilled enough to do so, and you have to go to a different dentist to fix it, you could potentially sue the 1st dentist for the full cost of the additional dental work, for any lost wages if you missed work days, and possibly, if there is some significant long lasting or permanent problem or issue, some amount for "pain and suffering."

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.