What can I do if after being awarded a camper in our divorce, my ex went in and removed several items, including TV’s?

She also has not put the kids on her insurance as ordered forcing me to keep them on mine. She also will not return the keys and garage door openers to the house that I was awarded. And finally, she will not provide the court or me with her new address.

Asked on July 15, 2015 under Family Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You should consider consulting with an attorney on what you can do in the future regarding your wife's behaviour because it will only get worse as the years go on.  Right now if you were awarded the house change the locks and the garage opener.  It will be cheaper than taking her to court about it.  If she took contents of the camper that were awarded to you (I am assuming that you were awarded the camper and contents) you can sue her for the return or their value. As for not telling the court or you where she lives, I see that as a big issue regarding the children.  Who has physical custody?  Who has visitation? You need tolook at that long and hard here and discuss with a alwyer your options.  Finally, as for the insurance you will have to bring a contempt motion for violation of the court order. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.