What can I do if a family friend refuses to give me my grandmother’s Will?

Also, he sold all of my grandmother’s stuff except what he kept for himself. Can I sue him for the amount of stuff he kept and sold? Can I force him to give me my grandmother’s Will?

Asked on April 17, 2013 under Estate Planning, Texas


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to file a report for theft with the coounty district attorney against the person that is withholding the will and miisapproriated your grandmothers personal effects. In addition you can file a civil recovery complaint with the small claims court to recover the value of the items taken.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.