What can I do, as a mother, to obtain full or joint custody of my daughter during a divorce?

I was tricked into signing temporary custody to my husband when I was out of town for several weeks.

Asked on January 28, 2013 under Family Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney about the situation where you were tricked into signing a temporary custody agreement with your spouse where demand can be made that such be rescinded and a new agreement entered into and if such is not what transpires, your legal recourse is to file a petition with the county clerk seeking what you desire with respect to full or joint legal custody.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.