What can I do about syringes left in the motel room that I checked into?

I’m trying to figure out how to go about a incident that happen at a hotel last night. My family and I were traveling out of town for the weekend, after driving for hours we decided to get a room for the night. After checking into our room and getting settled in, my daughter pulled a chair out from underneath the desk and as she went to sit down I grabbed her and pulled her away from the chair because I noticed 2 uncapped syringes right in the middle of the chair where she would of sat down at. What can I do about this?

Asked on February 23, 2019 under Personal Injury, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

A personal injury claim is based on the negligent act of someone that causes harm to another. Since your daughter (fortunately) was not injured you have no case. 

S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

Since your daughter was not injured, there would not be a personal injury case without medical treatment to document the injury. 
Other than writing a letter of complaint to the corporate headquarters, there is not much that can be done without a documented injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.