What can I do about finding a piece of iron in my burger that caused pain in my gums and teeth

Bite down in my sandwich from
Burger King and find a iron piece in
it that caused my back teeth and
gums in pain

Asked on June 9, 2017 under Personal Injury, Louisiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

In order to have a personal injury claim, you will need to have medical treatment to document your injury.
Prior to filing a lawsuit against the fast food chain, it may be possible to settle the case with their insurance carrier.  When you complete your medical/dental treatment and are released by the doctor/dentist, obtain your medical/dental bills, medical/dental reports and if applicable, documentation of wage loss. Your claim filed with the fast food chain's insurance carrier should include those items.
Compensation for the medical/dental bills is straight reimbursement.  The medical/dental  reports document your injury and will be used to determine compensation for pain and suffering which is an amount in addition to the medical/dental bills.  Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.
 If the case is settled with the fast food chain's insurance carrier, NO lawsuit is filed.
If you are dissatisfied with settlement offers from that insurance carrier, reject the settlement offers and file a lawsuit for negligence against the fast food chain.
If the case is NOT settled, your lawsuit for negligence against the fast food chain must be filed prior to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations or you will lose your rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.