what can i do?

i work for this company this year my boss told me i was making 14 dollars an hour but when i got my check it was only 12 an hour. He said it was because i was late so i put in my 2 week notice i was supposed to get paid yesterday direct deposit and i revived nothing he said he not paying me and i have 60 to 70 hours. so what can i do?

Asked on April 25, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your employer for breach of contract / account stated.
You can file your lawsuit in small claims court.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the amount you are owed.  Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.