What can I do I worked at a hotel approximately a month and a half ago but have yet to receive my paycheck?

It was for 1 1/2 days. This caused me to almost have my power turned off; I had to borrow the money to cover it. They have discriminated against me.

Asked on February 18, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you have not received your paycheck, then you can sue your employer in small claims court and/or file a complaint with your state's department of labor. That having been said, there will be a cost for a lawsuit, so you will have to decide if it's worth it. As for discrimination, you gave no specific facts of your situation. At this point, you may want to contact a local attorney and go over the details of your case with them. They can best advise you further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.