What are the Laws in Florida, reguarding Waste companies leaving Watse cans in the roadway

This am I was driving in the right-hand lane of a road, another Car was coming
the opposite direction, the waste service had just get through and they left the
Cans in the roadway instead of off the road. In attempting get to move over so
both cars could pass each other, the Mirror on the Passenger side of my car hit
one of the cans left within the road by the waste workers, breaking the Mirror
and controls. I tried to be nice and have already ordered a new Mirror, but the
Company claims no liability in fixing the car. What can I do?

Asked on March 6, 2017 under Accident Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you can file a property damage claim (cost of repairs to your car) with the waste company's insurance carrier, proceed with that.
If the waste company's insurance carrier denies your claim, your only recourse is to sue the waste company for negligence in small claims court.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit would be the cost of repairs to your car).  Upon prevailing in the case, you can recover court costs which would include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.