What are my rights in regards to providing/not providing an address to my spouse for visitation with my children?

I am currently filing for divorce and my spouse and I have an agreement for shared custody of our children. I currently do not have a permanent address but when I have my children I have been staying with a friend and her child. I have been doing this for a month but now my spouse is threatening to keep the children from me if I do not provider with my friend’s address and she has also been harassing my friend with phone calls and text messages. She has also stated that she wants the address for government aid forms. What are my options?

Asked on July 31, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Your agreement should provide for the exchange of addresses. Both of you have the same rights to know the whereabouts of and be able to contact your children.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.