If my son was playing at school with a child and he pushed the child who fell into the urinal and broke a tooth, do I have to pay for the dental bills?

Asked on April 19, 2019 under Personal Injury, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

You are liable for the injury your child, a minor, caused.  The school district is also liable since the injury occurred on school premises.
Your liability and that of the school district will include the dental bills, and pain and suffering.  Compensation for the dental bills is straight reimbursement.  Compensation for pain and suffering is an amount in addition to the dental bills.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.