What are my options to enter the US after been deported from for overstaying my visa waiver by two days??

I was entering Canada from the USA to travel for three weeks before
returning to my home country of Australia and was denied entry. They
then took me back to the US border where I was detained and
eventually deported for over staying my visa waiver by two days. They
gave me a ten year bar. I am a PR of Canada and would like to visit my
family in the USA that will be coming in 2017. What are my options to
apply for a visa permission to enter? Thanks

Asked on May 7, 2016 under Immigration Law, Alaska


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I'm surprised that you were given a 10 year bar for overstaying your visa waiver by 2 days.  Are you sure that is what you were given or was it that you were told you would no longer be able to use the visa waiver and would instead have to apply for a visitor's visa in order to be able to enter the US?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.