What amI facing for a first-time drug offense with child endangerment?

I sold pills to an undercover cop. I am 21 with kids.

Asked on December 2, 2010 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You have not given exactly what kind of pills, how many, or much other information.  However, what I can tell you is that any time child endangerment is involved the penalty is always much more severe - whether or not it is for a first-offense.  Right now you need to speak with a criminal defense attorney.  You never know, they might be able to get the charge dismissed due to a technicality or at least get it reduced.  To some degree being a first time offender still helps but again child endangerment is most seriously dealt with by the criminal justice system.

If you can't afford an attorney, ask for a PD to be appointed or contact Legal Aid.  Also, check to see if there is a law school nearby to where you live; they typically run free/low cost clinics that handle these type cases.  Additionally, you can, contact the local Bar Association in your county; they may have a list of attorneys who will take your case "pro bono" (for free) or at least for a reduced fee based on your income/circumstances. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.