What action should I take against an employer that refuses to pay me?

I worked for a call center , my last week of pay has

not yet been paid , job description was that we were

paid weekly at 12hr base salary , Iam only getting

paid 10 and hr and still have yet to get paid

Asked on September 13, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can either sue your former employer in small claims court for any compenstion due you (and receive all filing costs if you win) or you can file a wage complaint with your state's department of labor; in many states penalties attach to such claims and you can be awarded additional momies.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.