What can we do if we paid a landscaper to finish building the patio and fire pit that he started?

He seems to have taken our money and won’t return any of our calls. Over a month has gone by. What should we do? Sue him and his company in small claims court?

Asked on June 12, 2014 under Business Law, Oregon


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

First, you will want to be able to locate him so as to get him properly served with court papers. Then you will want to either speak with him directly on getting the job done...or leave him a voice mail or email or fax requesting that he finish the job in a timely manner. If he does not get the job done timely, then file the small claims court action to motivate him to rearrange his priorites and schedule.

Shawn Jackson California Business Attorney


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.