What is the bast and fastest way to do this to get a termination of parental rights?

We have had legal custody of our grandson since he was born. He has never lived anyplace else. He has never seen his biological father and his biological mother show up once in a great while. They will sign voluntary termination of parental rights. We want to adopt him. He is now 16.

Asked on January 6, 2013 under Family Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best and quickest way for you to get the adoption process underway is for a family law attorney to draft an adoption agreement to be signed by the parents subject to a court order and file a petition with the court seeking what you desire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.