We had our insurance company cancel our policy. We never rec’d anything from them. The only reason we found out was they sent our check back.

Can anything be done? Can we get any money back for the higher rates we have to pay now?Is this allowed in MN, since we never got a thirty day letter or even a phone call?

Asked on June 29, 2009 under Insurance Law, Minnesota


Robert A. Manson / Robert A. Manson, P.A.

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Call the office of the insurance commissioner.  They are usually very helpful and can tell you what you can do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.