If we still have a pending adjustment of status, what are the requirements for traveling domestic for us?

We are immigrants. Is our passport and visa enough for the ID requirements (our foreign passport and visas are valid but we have our I-94 expired)?

Asked on September 11, 2012 under Immigration Law, Georgia


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You should also carry your I-485 receipts to prove lawful status while you wait for the green cards. This will be acceptable proof if stopped during domestic travel. You should also carry the passport and any US ID.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.