What to do if we applied for a modification through our realitor who was paid but who has done nothing?

This broker was a friend that does these services. We paid him to handle all the paperwork, plus questions. That was about 5 months ago. We’ve tried to contact him but he has not answerd us in a month or so. I called my mortage company to find out where we were on our modifcation, however they said that ethey haven’t heard from him in about 6 weeks and that he never applied for it either. The whole time we’ve done what we were told by our rep and according to the mortage rcompany it was all wrong, Now we don’t no what to do. We are already in forclosure status waiting on the modification to go through.

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to try and resolve the loan modification issue that you are writing about is to have a face to face meeting with the agent and his or her broker of record to discuss the status of things. You need to be aware that presently lenders are backed up with thousands of loan modifcation requests and not all loan modification requests are approved. You should also request weekly status reports from your agent as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.