What are my chances of having my plea changed having having pled no contest regarding a video voyeurism charge?

I had a recent hearing for video voyeurism that I pled no contest to. After finding out that this cannot be sealed or expunged I asked the judge by letter to change my plea. He granted me a hearing for next week but I want to know if I have any chance in getting the charge dropped or changed since there is evidence on my phone (upskirt of women in public place) and also on store cameras . I am so sorry for my juvenile behavior and want to put this behind me so that I can live a normal life my son would be proud of. I have a job offer and the background check will be run tomorrow.

Asked on November 3, 2011 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have a hearing coming up to try and change your plea for video voyeurism, I stringly recommend that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you at the hearing and if the motion is granted in all future proceedings regarding the charge against you.

As you are aware, there could be negative repercussions to you as to any conviction or plea with respect to the charge against you including future employment. I sense that if the judge set a hearing date for the motion to change the plea and if you have an attorney representing you, most likely the request will be granted.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.