traffic stop gone bad

i was pulled over two yrs ago and caught with marijuana. i paid my dues and am off the probation just two weeks short. just last week i was pulled over and got charged with having meds out of original container. I am afraid due to this being my second charge that the punishment will be worse now. I work hard with two babies at home.. What is the best approach for my court date??

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Do you have a reasonable explanation for meds out of original container? Your best bet: consult with a criminal defense attorney because he or she will be able to discuss your history with you and determine the best course of action.

Try and check his or her record at the Kentucky State Bar.

Anna Aleksander / Aleksander Law Office PLLC

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.