What to do about a rescheduled court ppearance?

Ticketed for DWI and when I went to court hearing they still didnt have the toxicology results back. DA said by law it was supposed to be back in under 60 days but it has been more than 60 days. They rescheduled my court appearance when I got the feeling it should have been dismissed. Is there something I can do about that?

Asked on July 22, 2012 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Since you have been charged with a criminal act, it is best that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you in the matter.

If you still do not have a court date for your first appearance, I suggest that you go down to the county court house, pull the file and see when the next court appearance is scheduled and rely on your criminal defense attorney to assist you in getting the matter resolved.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.