thrift store filed a no trespass warning against me with local police

I set aside several pairs of shoes in the store waiting for them to go on sale (1/2 price ) the next day and the operations manager walked thru and saw them. the assistant manager informed her that I had set these shoes aside.The manager was notified and told to go to the local police to file a no trespass notice on question is should i have an lawyer write a letter to the company or should far my first letter has not been responded to and now it been a year and i would like to be able re-enter the store and shop.I am an e-bayer and buy and resell for a living

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, Ohio


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you attempted to handle the matter on your own and it has gone on for a year at this point I would say that yes, you may want to think about hiring at attorney

Not only can the attorney represent you in contacting the store but can assess the situation and if you have any possible complications with being allowed access they can address those as well. In situations like this it sometimes takes legal involvement before anyone will actually respond so as i said find yourself an attorney and good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.