Thre are accrued late charges on my chapter 13. Cannot get anyone to do anything. How do I file a motion?

My chapter 13 was discharged on 26 May 09. Attorney refuses to do anything without more $. Bankruptcy case has not been closed yet. (awaiting final trustee report) Trustee is no help. I need to know how to write a motion and file it to my case. Thank You

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Tennessee


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your lawyer is of no help, you may be able to file a claim against him or her with your state's Bar.

Otherwise, consider consulting with another lawyer.   Try or you may wish to try talking to your lawyer again.  Your trustee doesn't render legal advice to you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.