What to do if I ended up getting 3 criminal charges on my criminal record but I have proof from CBI in writing that it was not me?

What are my options or what can I do with this situation? When you run my criminal background all of it comes up and it’s not even mine,.

Asked on June 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you have a situation where a background check of you shows convictions for three crimes where you were not convicted of any crime, you need to consult with a criminal defense attorney about the situation to see if facts and the law warrant the filing of a motion to rectify the convictions and the record so as to not reference you as the person who was convicted of such offenses.

The motion will have to be filed in the county and state where each of the alleged convictions against you occurred.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.