Theft Indiana code I.C 35-43-4-2 (A)

I was charged with Theft Unatorized control. The case is a dispute between family members where one family member gave me debit card and pin number and i took money out of the account to the extent that it was more then i should have. However be noted that my checks were deposited into this account also. Well the county 22 months later are charging me for Theft and want a restitution of 69.06 in atm fees. They rembursed family member without knowing facts that it was also my money and they have collected insurance also. where can i find case law for my defense as i have to do this pro bono.

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Criminal Law, Indiana


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Take a look at the Indiana Supreme Court Law Library website for sources of legal research, including an online catalog:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.